Thursday, June 20, 2013

girls

I am not quiet the photographer, but I'm not quiet the one to hold back on the camera when something worth photographing appears, either. I have been blessed with so many beautiful friends, with such kind souls that are even more picture worthy.

I used to always say that if God had given me the choice, I would have chosen to be a boy, but my mind and heart appear to have changed as I have grown. In spite all the hardships and the pain that comes with being a woman, there's also one joy that outweighs it all, and though I have not yet experienced it, I certainly wish to one day.

Motherhood. 

To see my friends, to see them so beautiful, and delicate, and loving, imprints images of beauty and life in my mind; I see these photos and can not help but pick out features of them I wish to have in my own character one day; they are such examples of life...I stand amazed by the thought that their bodies can turn into a warm cocoon, which one day may become ready to hold and create life. Hopefully, when the time comes, so will mine.

These photos are my ode to women.










2 comments:

  1. really loved this post! i totally know how you feel, because sometimes being a female in this world can be so much work..but then when you think about it you wouldn't change a thing for the world!
    can't wait to see more updates from this blog :)
    I'm also fairly new to blogging as well, so hopefully we can go on this journey together! :D

    itsleli.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm so glad you liked it! it would be lovely to have a blogger friend! definitely checking yours out :)

      Delete